Frequently Asked Question
Fixing ViewPower Uninstallation on macOS
Last Updated 4 years agoIn case there are any issues with uninstalling ViewPower (i.e. some left over files or registry entries), please follow this procedure to clean up the system.
- If the ViewPowerHTML is operating, please close it
- Delete all the files under /Applications/ViewPowerHTML1.00/tomcat/logs
- Turn on the ViewPower again
- Open /Applications/ViewPowerHTML1.00/tomcat/logs/catalina.out and check if there is a similar error as below.
jALLVARLIG: StandardServer.await: create[localhost:8005]:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
If yes, please take the note of the port number.
- Open Configuration interface
Change the occupied port to a different one, for example 28005 (all other conflicts need to be revised). Apply changes.
- Wait until the interface closes by itself (it might take longer than 5 minutes)
- If you still exhibit the issue, please repeat the above steps until the problem is solved (try different ports; check error messages)
Temporary testing steps
- Follow the above steps 1-4
- Open the Terminal and run lsof –i: XXXXX (where XXXXX is the port number occupied)
- Find the PID of an application occupying the port and run kill -9 YYYYY to close the process.
- Wait untill all processes in conflict are closed and restart the ViewPower